Herm Island is a small paradise island located in the English Channel where guests and visitors enjoy year-round hospitality. Working and living on Herm is a truly unique and challenging opportunity and requires flexibility, a positive attitude, resilience and a customer-focused mindset. As there are no cars or bicycles on Herm a good degree of fitness is also advised. The rewards are plentiful if you are hard-working and motivated by small team collaboration, taking responsibility, helping others and delivering a professional service. We are a fair and reasonable employer offering good rates of pay and benefits, staff accommodation as necessary, and a great team of friendly colleagues
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Herm Island is looking for committed kitchen personnel to join our dedicated team in a variety of chef roles including Chef de Partie, Commis Chef and apprentice Chef.
Team skills and keen to jump in where needed
Attention to detail
Polite and attentive
5/6 day working week (dependent on business needs)
Monday to Sunday
Bank holidays with Time Off In Lieu as agreed
These roles are initially for a fixed-term role with immediate start until October/November, with the option for a more permanent role.
Applicants do not require permission to work for Herm Island if they have any of the following:
- the right of abode in the UK
- valid settled or pre-settled status
- indefinite leave to remain in the Bailiwick of Guernsey
The HERM package is as follows;
- Loyalty bonus scheme- recoup 50% of board and lodging cost on successful completion of contract!
- Income tax rate is 20% on all earnings, lower than the UK
- No Value-added tax (VAT) or goods and service tax (GST), save 20% on many purchases
- Staff live-in accommodation (if based on Herm)
- Save on costs and lost time with no commute to work (1-10 minute walk to work)
- Free family boat travel between Guernsey & Herm
- Staff discounts at Island shop
- Refer-A-Friend scheme
- No traffic (private vehicles are not permitted)
- On the job training to include level 2 FSA certificates
- Milder climate than UK
- Stunning beaches
- A great place for family and friends to come and visit!